Son of Dad

Welcome

This is a new blog and I appreciate your visit. The title tells you everything you need to know to get started; I am a dad and I like music as well as other things. This truly unique combination of attributes is sure to produce fascinating reading material. Please read and make comments (only positive comments please, I am very sensitive). Think about it, when it comes to music and other things, who is cooler than your dad?

Monday, May 10, 2010

Minddribbles

Since I will be writing a lot about music, I thought that the first order of business would be to have a quick review of this year's top releases. I have selected my top five albums of the year thus far, as well as my most disappointing album of the year. My friend Jennifer Oddo, blogger extraordinaire and published author has graciously invited me to make my debut on her blog called Minddribbles. Please check it out and leave your comments and top album recommendations.

3 comments:

  1. I was hoping to see my band's ep on there. Good writing, and educational. I actually learned something about these bands, unlike other band reviews. Did you here the new Maxwell album. Maybe that should be reviewed by you. I can't really add any myself, all my "new" music is from the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that blog a whole lot more than the reviews in Rolling Stone.

    I love The Watson Twin's album too. I'm glad you didn't like one of Joanna Newsom's albums... :) I also rather be stabbed than listen to anymore from She & Him, just saying. Actually both She & Him and Joanna Newsom have their music in TV commercials. Hmm.

    I agree with your take on Natalie Merchant's latest. Didn't Jewel make an album of children's lullabies recently? It reminded me of that. Just a little batty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I am not sure if I have your latest EP, but I will feature what I have. The last one I got was from at least a few months ago I think.

    Amy, I am counting on your comments and suggestions if this blog is to continue. She & Him is good in small doses. I intend to have a lengthy essay about Joanna's latest, I am still bummed about that album. I presume that you were not thrilled with it either?

    I really am impressed with the research and effort that went into Natalie Merchant's album, but come on, there are maybe six or seven songs from the double album that are listenable. We have been waiting such a long time for new material, Leave Your Sleep was kind of a letdown.

    ReplyDelete